Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Change for Cash

So, I'm not sure if this is because I am a) crazy b) extremely pregnant or c)totally justified, but I have been changing my mind A LOT lately.

The first thing was about the baby's name. For some reason, I thought about the name Archer, and I fell in love with it. Archer Mann. Holy shit, that's a cool name! I asked Josh, and he agreed it was a pretty friggin cool name. Aw crap! I've been calling this kid Cash, and now I might change my mind with a week to go???

Then I changed my mind about when I want to have him. (*sounds of God laughing that I think I have any say in the matter*) A week ago, I was ready to have him. Get him out, anyway possible. I was taking black cohosh, bouncing on a birth ball, begging Josh for sex, whatever it would take to evict the 7 pound parasite that was making it next to impossible for me to climb a flight of stairs without wheezing like an asthmatic. Now I want him to stay in until March! I don't want a February baby! And I keep postponing it, like March 1st would be ok, but the 3rd would be even better, or the 4th, and the 5th is ideal. I'm actually hoping to go over my due date. WTH is wrong with me?

I have been waivering on all of my decisions. Should I really use cloth diapers? Am I sure I don't want an epidural? Do I cut my hair or grow it out? Should I watch HGTV or Food Network?

Maybe I am just getting overwhelmed at the thought of having another child. I am sure this is totally normal and most pregnant women experience it to some extent. But we have to remember that I am, admittedly, crazy. My mind is always racing right now. Everytime I go to the bathroom, I wait for my water to break. And I have mixed emotions when it doesn't "Whew! Thank God it didn't break!" and "Dammit! When is it going to break???"

No comments:

Post a Comment