Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Seriously?

My sister is throwing me a shower next month. Traditionally, you have a shower 4-6 weeks before your due date. I know it is a bit early, but we decided to do it in November for multiple reasons.

1. I am historically very cranky the last month of my pregnancy. Being a petite woman, carrying an almost full-time baby is cumbersome and a little annoying for me. I will not be in a "party mood" in February.

2. January in KC is known for ice storms. January is also a "recovery month" for a lot of people financially. Christmas really does a number on people, and most of them will be less than thrilled to get out in the suck-ass weather to come to a shower.

3. December just sucks. Every weekend is another holiday thing to go to, for work, family, friends, etc. Plus the stress of buying gifts and baking pies and what-not. I don't want to do that to my friends and family, so December is out.

4. Since we are waiting until the shower to find out the sex, I don't want to wait too long!

5. November 15th is perfect! One of my BFFs who is moving out of state (tomorrow in fact) will be back in town that weekend anyway. I really want her to be at the shower since she has been there for me through the miscarriage and this pregnancy.

So we planned it for Sunday, November 15th. Josh has to work that day until 2:30, so we planned it for 3:30. My sister scoured venues, planned the menu, and had the most adorable invitations made that look like airplane tickets (we have a theme). Everything was going perfectly...

Then I received the information last Saturday that my sister-in-law wanted to have her twin boys' birthday party that day. Their birthday is earlier that week, and they don't want to have it Saturday because of- wait for it-college football. We obviously would be inviting most all the same people from Josh's side of the family. My sister had already sent out invites, so I assumed my SIL would change the date. WRONG! She promptly hand-delivered her invites so they would beat mine. She said that the family "would just have to choose" and refused to change her date. The time is even the same, across town, so family can't make it to both.

Seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment